Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Secret Pleasures...Is it superficial or not?






I know this is kind of touchy,but it's what I'm thinking and so totally relevant to my journey....
Virginal yet seductive -photo: c.russell

Enhance by makeup not covered what they think we hear

Be Seen and not heard





Butt lift...I so am not this endowed
Makeup as a mask
As little girls we are taught in so many ways that are not necessarily spoken, but subliminally to be seen and not heard, be sexy yet virginal and my favorite you are only as strong as your most commanding silent yet demanding sweet , innocent and seductive glance <<< I've mastered this f.y.i.>>>>
As a result we emerge our self in paint to make ourselves beautiful ,because you see most are not taught the paint is only suppose to enhance the natural beauty not cover it up, we overspend even if we can't afford the clothes, makeup , accessories<<>>>>> my secret pleasure. Let's not forget botox, face lifts, lip implants, breast implants, butt lifts, liposuction and the list goes on. As a result all of this is thrown at us in piles upon piles in popular culture. These things are thrown to us so much that they are not longer viewed as luxuries, but as necessities. Then "WE" are viewed as superficial by the same people that feed the indulgences to us.  All we have to do is ask for and I bet you a million + there is someone that can make our dream(s) come true. 
Plastic Beauty


Barbie Beauty --a Face Full
What we end up over sexed and accessorized...unless stated otherwise all professional pix in this post were taken by Anomaly13
Now the question remains is it as superficial as some people would have us all believe? Or is it just part of our evolved culture that is what we now deem as acceptable to everyone, but those of us that are stuck in the ice age. Those that have not figured out how to teach our younger generation how to interpret these messages and to take them as what they are worth as the saying goes, "it is what it is".  I mean think about it like this as bad off as our economy is now, if there where not those people that indulged in these so call necessities how much worse would things really be?  I say to each his/her own.  Do what you are suppose to in teaching don't leave everything up to the educators-they don't get paid enough for that- and the rest will follow.


Do I think my world in a personal aspect is superficial not really...it's part of life things have changed a lot in the last 100 years...would I feel the same if I had a little girl probably so...like I said, teach and the rest will follow... your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment